GramaOne is the flagship program of the government of Karnataka aimed at delivering citizen services of all the departments to the rural citizens at their own village.
GramaOne is envisaged to be single point assistance center for all citizen centric activities at village level which include Government to Citizen (G2C) services, Business to Customer (B2C) services and Banking services etc. GramaOne centers are to be operational from 8AM-8PM on all seven days of the week.
The envisioned benefits of GramaOne centers are:
- Citizens do not need to visit the district, taluk and hobli offices to get government services.
- Citizens can save on time and money by availing the services through GramaOne centers.
- Complete transparency - no middlemen involvement.
- Citizens can avail the services at their convenient time from any center near their home.
- Employment opportunities at the village level for those who are interested to be Franchisees for GramaOne centers.
- Financial inclusion is achieved by allowing each GramaOne center to act as a Micro banking institution.